Packing is one of the most vital aspects when it comes to the safety of any commodity in the midst of transition.
As the consignment (box) has to stand a lot of fixed procedures ranging from screening and scanning for the customs, to loading and unloading at several junctions while routing toward the allocated destination.
Hence, a planned packing will always ensure a high rate of secure deliveries.
Here are some useful Packing Advice we like to share with you on–How to get a shipment ready.
- Usually boxes are the most common used and appropriate way of packing as they come in a variety of sizes, shapes, materials and accessories to toughen and protect them.
- For heavier items wood containers are suitable as they are prepared for machine handling.
- One of cheaper substitute to wood boxes is heavy-duty double layered cardboard boxes.
- Make certain that you use unbending boxes with intact flaps.
- Avoid packing articles in used boxes.
- If boxes carrying any labels other than the destination address please remove.
- Make sure that ample cushioning material is used.
- For over-wrapping boxes do not use string or paper.
- While packing bubble wrap each piece separately.
- Make sure you print single address on label which has a clear and complete delivery address and contact details.
- Fill boxes up to their thresholds as under-filled boxes possibly will collapse.
- A box can split open if it is filled to capacity.
- Make sure that all sides are cushioned well for fragile items.
These are some general instructions to keep in mind while packing. However, there are items that come in unconventional shapes and sizes such as statues, heavy machinery, antiques, medical equipments, car engines, piano etc. that needs an expert attention.
You can hire professional packers to get the job done as per your requirement. They may cost you a bit, but will ensure the safe transit of your belongings.